Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Many milestones!

My favorite picture of the week.
Lauren has reached a few major milestones this week! First and perhaps one of her biggest milestones so far...she's crawling!! Last Sunday, she made her first forward movement and hasn't stopped since then. On the SAME day, she crawled to the fireplace hearth and pulled herself up to standing (milestone #2 this week). So now she is crawling all over the place and pulling herself up. It's been so cute to go into her room when she wakes up from a nap and find her standing in her crib smiling at us. Awwww... She also suddenly started babbling a lot more than she ever has before. We're now hearing steady streams of "Da da da da da da" among other sounds. In fact, when Lauren woke up at 6am yesterday, we heard "Da da da da DA!" in the baby monitor. I laughed and told Chad that since she was clearly calling for HIM, I was staying in bed!

Another major milestone for Lauren--her first visit to Camp Randall Stadium in Madison! We took her there last weekend to hang out in Madison and couldn't resist a photo op at the stadium. I think we were more excited about it than she was.
Today, my mom came and spent the day with Lauren so Chad and I could go to the first Badger football game of the season. Even though she didn't go to the game, Lauren still showed her support for her (our) favorite team :)

Go Badgers!

Last Sunday, we went to the lake cabin of our friends Mark and Amy. We enjoyed a pontoon ride around the lake and Lauren got to go out in the lake with Daddy.


We were at the lake for about three hours and their neighbor's golden retriever was standing out in the water almost the entire time trying to catch fish. They said he stands out there all day but never catches a thing. It was so funny watching him try though.

Tomorrow and Monday are rare days for us. Chad will be home with us and we have NOTHING on the schedule. It will be so nice to just move slowly and spend time together. I'm trying not to think about returning to work full-time on Tuesday. My classroom is ready but I don't think I am....

Good night!

Love,

Mindy and the crazy crawler!

2 comments:

Elyse said...

What awesome milestones:) Crawling and standing-oh boy!

You will have a terrific year. You are ready. I wish I had Monday off :)
~Elyse~

Anonymous said...

THe pic of CHad and Lauren is TOO cute...my favorite!!!! She is sooo happy with her daddy!
Miss you and love you guys!
see you soon, I hope. All the best w/the new school year Mind.
xo
Auntie Holly