Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 19, 2009

The first pics of our one-year-old!

I have to try and keep this somewhat short since it's already 10:30pm and I'm zonked. I'll try...

Last weekend, we took Lauren to Madison so we could visit with some old friends and their children. I used to take care of Jack, Tess and Maddie when I lived in Madison. We visited with their family as well as with Danielle and her family. (I used to work with Danielle at the daycare in Madison). We had fun catching up and Lauren had a blast trying to keep up with the kids all around the house. Here's my little one trying out her new walking skills.
Here's Lauren with Porter. He is the son of my good friend Danielle. Aren't they cute together? I'm thinking future prom dates, maybe?
Here's an action shot of some serious bed jumping with Porter, Tess and Maddie. Of course Lauren had to get in on the action.

On Lauren's birthday, we had a small party at our house with some of our dinner club friends. Lauren was pretty tired and didn't really get excited about her cake. But yesterday, we took her to have her portraits taken at Penney's and we brought a smash cake. She went crazy with it! She got cake everywhere and we got some awesome pictures! I can't wait to post them here as soon as we get them next week. Stay tuned!
Last week, the temps here dipped down to 40 degrees BELOW ZERO. Yes, you read that right. It was negative 40 around here for a few consecutive days, so school was cancelled and I ended up with an unexpected but very welcome four-day weekend with Lauren. We stayed in our jammies until nearly 3pm on both days and we had a blast cuddling and playing together.
My parents and Chad's family all came to visit for the weekend to help us celebrate Lauren's birthday. She had a great time spending time with all of them!
Lauren insisted on wearing her new pair of rainboots with her pajamas. What a goof.My little drama queen burst into tears when her dolly stroller crashed into the wall.

Sitting on her Tigger ball reading a good book :)

Have a good week!

Love,
Mindy and Lauren

3 comments:

Elyse said...

Lauren is growing up so fast :) Stay warm and have a great week!
~Elyse~

Jenn said...

too precious, Mindy! I can't believe that Lauren is 1 and Tegan is nearly 2! Where did the time go with our little ones? I swear we just started our first teaching jobs, ha! SO glad the weather is warmer this week and SO jealous you got 2 days OFF! We had 1 late start day and the next day was even COLDER and we had no delay or anything. My car was NOT happy when it first started up despite being in the garage which, despite being insulated, was still below zero.

Anonymous said...

I opened this page to show Porter his picture with Lauren and I asked him who he was sitting by and he said "Low-win"!