Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 9, 2009

Playtime fun!

It's been a long time and my camera is full of pictures, so I'll "cut to the chase". Enjoy :)Lauren got a baby radio from her Aunt Holly for her birthday and she LOVES to tote it around the house, bopping and dancing to such tunes as the "Lowercase Alphabet Song" and the "Days of the Week" song. These have become the new songs that Chad and I often have stuck in our heads during the work day :) Okay, who am I kidding? These songs are also songs I happen to play in my classroom each day as well. Maybe the real reason they are always stuck in my head is because I hear them at home AND at work.
Cuddling with Grandma and a good book~

Who needs a sippy cup when you have Daddy's famous Bulls cup?
Giddy'up Lauren!
What a goofball!
"Hmmmm, what shoes should I wear today?"

Things are good but super busy around here. Chad is back in the midst of a busy grad school semester. I am knee-deep in my school year with my kiddos but I have a student teacher for the first time, so I'm getting a lot of extra help in the classroom which is SO nice. Lauren is doing better sleeping at night lately. Last week my parents stayed with us for a few days and Lauren ended up waking several times during the nights while they were here. In fact, last Wednesday night, she was up crying from 3-5am!! (And yes, Chad and I both got up for work at 6. Yuck). Well, my mom suggested that maybe she is hungry at night. So I've started letting her have a bowl of oatmeal or rice cereal mixed with whole milk right before bed and she's slept through the night nicely since then. The problem is that she refuses bottles and I'm weaning her from breastfeeding. So...I don't nurse her at bedtime anymore. That plus the fact that she won't drink milk from a cup yet (again, she refuses just as she does with bottles) means she isn't getting much to eat after her regular 5:30 dinnertime. So the cereal has helped alot so far. Keep your fingers crossed for us!
Have a good work week!
Love,
Mindy and Lauren

No comments: