Yesterday, we were invited to a cook-out at our old next-door neighbors' house in North Prairie. It was really nice to visit with them again and to spend a little time at Lauren's old park. Our old house looks the same and believe it or not, Lauren never acted like she recognized or even saw the old house (and we were playing in the yard next door!).
Last week, I wrapped up my staff training sessions for a new charter school I'll be working at in the fall. So last Thursday was FINALLY my first day of summer vacation. I really enjoyed the training and I like the new staff I'll be working with, but I'm ready for a break. Lauren and I have a wonderful summer ahead of us--lots of playdates, zoo classes, swimming lessons and days spent by our apartment pool. Speaking of...we were in the pool almost every day for the past week. Our friend Jackie came over with her son Braeden for his first time in a pool. He seemed to really enjoy it! We love having friends come over and it's tons of fun to swim together, so all of you are welcome to come enjoy "our" pool!!!
Four of the six Dinner Club ladies got together one evening last week for a night at the zoo. The kids had a blast and we got another group picture of (most) of the Dinner Club kids. We're only missing Ella (and Baby Boy Umnus who is due in September).
Here's what the house looks like today (sorry about the construction vehicle in the way). This week, measurements will be taken for millwork and cabinetry, the siding will begin to be installed and rough plumbing and HVAC will be completed. The roof is done and so are all of the window installations.
This picture was taken from the formal living room, which will actually be Lauren's playroom for awhile. We are looking through to the family room, dinette and part of the kitchen bar stool area.
Have a great week!
Love,
M & L


No comments:
Post a Comment