This year was such a fun Christmas with Lauren! It was the first time that she was excited, was FULL of anticipation and told me she was going to stay up and listen for Santa and his reindeer and she meant it! Of course, she only managed to "stay up" about five minutes longer than usual before she was sound asleep...while visions of sugar plums danced in her head :)
Christmas was spent in Rice Lake with my family this year. It was so nice to have both of my sisters and their boyfriends home as well. We had a great time together and I think Lauren loved every second of it! On Christmas Eve, Lauren sprinkled reindeer food on the Playing Barbies with Aunt Karlee.
Chad picked Karlee's name in our gift exchange this year. Ha! What fun is a brother-in-law if he doesn't buy you "Lady Anti-Monkey Butt Powder" for Christmas?!?!Lauren loves Ariel from the Little Mermaid. As soon as she opened this Ariel costume and jewelry, she just had to wear it!
I love the excitement on her face in the next picture. This is the Baby Ariel she had talked to Santa about. She really, really wanted it for Christmas and was thrilled that Santa's elves could make her exactly the one she wanted!
Mimi and Boppa surprised her with a Calico Critters playhouse and all the different animals and furniture sets. She loves it :) Remember the trauma I wrote about when her favorite little Ariel figurine lost a hand? That doll had been my sisters' when they were little and we thought we'd NEVER find a replacement. Well, Lauren talked to Santa and lo and behold...his elves found the exact same one on ebay were able to make another one!
Looking for the hand....
"Mommy, Ariel has a hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Rubbing noses with Mimi's kitty. This kitty was actually part of a litter that I rescued from the Humane Society when I was in seventh grade. She's so old...she used to live in California with us! Not sayin' how old I am, but the cat is 20 years old, give or take a year!
Aunt Holly and Uncle Big Matt got Lauren this castle piggy bank for her room. It goes nicely with her princess room. Happy Birthday, Aunt Holly!
I still have a ton of new pictures to upload. I'll try to get to that tomorrow, but I may not have time. Soon, I promise. We are looking forward to next weekend, when our little girl turns 3 on Friday! Where has the time gone?!?!
Good night!
Love,
M, C, & L


No comments:
Post a Comment