She LOVES her Prince Eric doll. We had been using old Ken dolls to play the role of "Prince Eric" from the Little Mermaid. Now she has a real Prince Eric and plays with him and Ariel several times a day.
Hugs for Flounder.
She got a pretend make-up kit from my parents. Not sure if it's too early to teach her that eyeshadow doesn't go on her forehead...
My mom sewed a large playhouse for Lauren's birthday. She is absolutely in love with it and likes for Mommy, Daddy AND Westin to come in and play with her.
Lauren's favorite hangout is the Children's Play Gallery in nearby Delafield. We spent her birthday playing there. Here's she's dancing on stage while belting out a very sweet rendition of "Frosty the Snowman".
I think this ship is the main reason why she loves the Play Gallery so much. Can you see her on top, stearing "Prince Eric's Ship"?
For her birthday cake, Lauren was very specific about what she wanted. She wanted chocolate and vanilla cake (marble) with chocolate frosting. Plus she wanted Tiana (from Princess and the Frog) in the back and Ariel in the front. I think we got it right :)
Some of Lauren's recent funny comments...
At Target last week, she walked around three different people in a busy aisle and said "excuse me" to each of them. When I complimented her on saying excuse me to go around them, she corrected me and said "Mommy, I said excuse me because I was tooting by all of them!"
Recently, she pointed out "Mommy, you're a girl". I then asked her what Daddy is. She didn't miss a beat and answered "Him just a human who makes batteries." Haha! Poor Daddy :)
Upon opening the garage one morning this week, Laure saw that most of the snow was melting. She squealed, "It's almost baseball!!!!!!!" She's waiting patiently for the baseball season and knows it'll be here after the snow melts.
A few weeks ago, when I asked Lauren to help me close the window blinds, she told me she didn't want to. When I asked her a second time, she sighed and said "Close the blinds, do the laundry, Cinderella, Cinderella!" Then she closed the blinds :)
Have a good week!
~M


No comments:
Post a Comment