Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 29, 2011

16 Weeks!

Tomorrow, I hit the 16 week mark.  We had another ultrasound this morning (I think it was our tenth for this pregnancy) and both babies look fantastic!  In fact, we observed a bit of intra-uterine sibling rivalry....check it out for yourself!  The babies were laying at a 90-degree angle to one another (that won't last long as they get bigger and have less space to move around).  "Baby B" was observed to be trying to kick "Baby A" in the head. 
Here, you see the very top of Baby A's head (as if you are looking down on his/her scalp).  Baby B is on the right, laying face down with his/her foot about to kick Baby A.  While we were able to see Baby B pretty well at some points, he or she just isn't very clearly seen here.
Both of them were so wiggly and wouldn't hold still long enough for accurate measurements to be taken. It was definitely playtime in there! We had an ultrasound at the perinatologist's office last week and the measurements were great--both babies were right on target for their growth so far. Now we have two weeks off from ultrasounds and will have our big Level II ultrasound at the perinatologist on May 17 (the equivalent of the typical "20-week" ultrasound with a regular pregnancy but this will be more in-depth). We have not decided whether to find out their genders. Originally, we were quick to say we were going to wait and just be surprised. We've started to waiver on that though...we kinda think it might be easier to plan for having two babies if we know what they are. That way, we don't have to come up with so many name options and will know whether we need to do some shopping for blue clothing :)


I have felt a great deal of movement more and more frequently. I first felt it at 12weeks and 5 days, which is very early. I was told you feel it earlier with your second pregnancy and even earlier if it's twins. The movements have really helped to ease my fears and anxiety. Feeling them move reassures me that they are doing well! I'll have to take a side-profile picture of myself and post it for you soon. I'm definitely showing and feel like I grow more each day.

Yesterday, Lauren came up with a great idea! As we were driving in my new mini-van (yes, a mini-van), she said "Mommy, I have a great idea! How about if when the babies hatch out of your tummy, you can be the mommy to one of them and I can be the mommy to the other one. Isn't that a good idea, Mommy?" She was totally serious, too! At least 2 or 3 times each day, she'll burst out with "I can't wait to be a big sister!" She's very excited.
No side profile of Baby B today.  He or she wasn't feeling very photogenic.

1 comment:

Brian & Shana Meidam said...

Mindy - was looking at Rob & Carla's blog and thought I'd check to see how you guys were doing. Just wanted to say congrats on the great double blessing! Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy!
Shana Meidam