Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ultrasound Pics!

We had our "big" ultrasound this afternoon at the perinatologist.  Both babies look fantastic and were extremely active.  It's no wonder I felt like I had a wrestling match going on inside me last night--these two are busy!!  The ultrasound technician took tons of pictures of every organ and limb...except for anything that identified the babies' genders.  Sorry folks but we are still leaning towards being surprised when they are born and thus we didn't find out their genders today! 

Both babies are estimated to weigh 9 ounces right now.  They are the same size and are measuring right on schedule for their gestational age.  Woohoo!  We could see them moving all around, waving their arms, stretching out their legs, etc.  Ultrasounds are fascinating!  I still found myself staring at the screen in bewilderment that there's actually TWO of them.  How on Earth did that happen?!?!  Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think we'd have twins...that we'd one day be in an ultrasound watching one baby kick the other, then later hearing the doctor say, "see that?  That's one baby's butt in the other's face.  Nice."  I guess they'd better both get used to the cramped quarters.  They still have a long way to go and their space is only going to get tighter!

Here are the side profile pictures we got today.  The first is Baby B.  Baby A is on the bottom.  Enjoy :)

G'nite!
M and the fam :)
P.S. I uploaded pictures from April below if you're interested~

No comments: