We've been busy, busy, busy! It's been a llloooonnnngggg time since I had the chance to sit down and do a blog post. There are lots of pictures for you :) What's new with us? Well, lots! First of all, our first baby girl turned FOUR YEARS OLD on January 14th! Where has the time gone? It seems like just yesterday that she came into our lives and changed our world forever. She celebrated in fashion with a big birthday bash at her favorite local "hangout"...the Children's Play Gallery in Delafield. We went there for her third birthday too but this was her first real birthday party and she had a blast! Her Aunt Holly and Uncle "Big" Matt were able to join us, as they were visiting from Japan. I probably hadn't mentioned on the blog that they are living there right now while Matt works for Nissan in Japan. Shortly after their visit, Matt proposed to Holly and now another Lucas family wedding is in the works!
The babies are doing very well. At their 4-month-old checkup, Madison weighed in at 13lbs 12oz (50th percentile for her weight). Kate weighed in at 11lbs 11oz (10th percentile for weight but at least she's finally ON the growth chart!). Both babies have begun rolling from their tummies to their backs, are cooing like crazy and have just started to try to reach for their toes when laying on the changing table. They are super happy babies, smiling and "talking" our ears off!
The title of this blog hints at other big news. After teaching kindergarten for 8 years, I have decided to take some time off to stay home and be with my girls full-time. I turned in my official resignation letter on February 15th but will stay in my current position until the end of this school year. Then I become a full-time stay-at-home mom! I am SO excited about what this means for our family and about the active role I'll be able to play in Lauren's schooling when she begins 4K in the fall. In order to help make up for my loss of income, I'm going to try to do some tutoring in the evenings. I have my Reading Teacher license, so I think I could easily find some local kids to tutor in reading. I'm also considering watching 1-2 children (in addition to my own) a few days per week. I am so happy and thankful to have the opportunity to do this. I am nervous about quitting my job but I know this is a decision I can't possibly ever regret.
And now for the real reason you're here....enjoy the photos!
| The babies enjoyed a dark, quiet nap at Lauren's birthday party! |
| Making cupcakes with her EZ Bake Oven. And with Boppa and Madison :) |
| These fraternal girls even have very different hair. Kate on the left, Maddie on the right. |
| Westin was supervising tummy time! |
| 4 months old today! |
Hope you enjoyed our pictures! I posted earlier today too so scroll down to see pictures taken just this week :)
Love,
M


2 comments:
Time with children is always time well spent!
That's awesome that you will still tutor some. Enjoy your babies. Thanks for the 'fix. ;-)
Post a Comment