Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 27, 2012

Two Posts in a Day!

I'm trying to update the blog with all of our summer pictures before we launch head-first into Karlee's wedding this weekend and fall!  So without further ado....
 
 Whenever Aunt Karlee comes to visit, we often have a baking project for her to do with Lauren.  This time, it was Ghiradelli Chocolate Chip Cookies.  Yum!
This was the first time the babies had sippy cups of water.  They did great!

This is what Lauren looks like most mornings.  She puts a favorite show into her portable DVD player and is allowed to watch for a little while before breakfast.

My sweet Katie-Bug was having a crazy hair day and I couldn't resist a few pictures.

Check out that "bed head"!

Bath night at our house involves Lauren taking a long bath while her sisters each take a turn getting washed beside her.  Usually Chad does this because he handles the chaos a little better than I do at the end of a long day!  (Lauren likes to say that it makes Mommy go "nutso"!)

Chad recently took a week-long trip to China for work.  While he was gone, our former Nanny helped me and we took all three girls to the fair.  Lauren and I got some one-on-one time on the rides.  As you can see, we learned that if you go to the fair right away when it opens in the morning, there's hardly anyone else there!


Lauren's first ride on a ferris wheel!  She was clutching to me in fear for most of it....

We're headed to Disney World this fall, so Lauren was practicing riding a train with her hands up in the air so she can do it on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.  Somehow I doubt that "little Miss Scared of Anything Fast" will actually ride Big Thunder Mountain.  It goes much faster than this train at the fair!

Practicing the teacup ride too!

Surprisingly, she wanted to go on the kiddie-coaster!  Maybe she will ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad after all!



The girls all LOVE the train wagon. 

This summer, I've taken two trips up north with the girls to attend my sister Karlee's bridal showers.  Along I-94, we stopped for a picnic beside the infamous orange moose.  I was pretty proud of myself for taking them on multiple 5-hour car rides by myself.  They were great travelers! 

A messy Maddie!
 
I have one more post of bridal shower pictures to share, hopefully tonight or tomorrow.  Enjoy!
~Mindy

No comments: