Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Six Months Old!


This is how they greet one another every time Lauren and I return home. He licks her toes and she giggles.
"Aren't I so big?"


"My toes are so yummy!"

I think the past six months have been the fastest of my life. Where has the time gone? Lauren had her check-up at the pediatrician's office today. She weighs 16lbs 9oz (between 50-75th percentile) and was at the 95th percentile for length. They tell me that she's as long as a 9 month old. No surprise here. Her eyes are still blue and the doc told me that she is sure they'll stay that way for good. Since Chad and I both have brown eyes, I guess Lauren has inherited her Grandma Lucas's blue eyes. I think that makes Grandma proud! The doc also told me that Lauren is doing very well and is right on target with all of the expected developmental milestones. That's good news!

After our doctor appointment today, we relaxed at home together and spent quite a bit of time playing on the floor with Westin. I took some really adorable pictures of them--there are several, so sit back...relax...and laugh!
Yes, that IS Westin's stuffed animal.Westin, I know what you're thinking. Don't lick her fingers!!! Lauren entices him and eggs him on.
This is when I put the camera away and separated them so I could wash her fingers. They'd do this all day if I let them :-)

In the evening, my dad came over to grill out with us for dinner and to spend a little time with Lauren. He told her he can't wait until she's older so he can come over to play dollies with her and have tea parties. I think having a granddaughter is taking him back to the "good-old-days" when my sisters and I were little and we played for hours with him :)

Good night!

Love,

Mindy & Lauren

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mindy and Lauren!!!
The pics are ADORABLE! I miss her sooo much:( She is getting too big...tell her to stop that!! Anyways, I know I may be "playing favorites" but I really do think she is the cutest baby ever:) Give her hugs and kisses for me!
Thank you, also, for the sweet posting about the Braves game...so nice of you!!!
Miss you and love you guys,
Auntie Holly

Elyse said...

Grandpa wanting to play with dolls is too cute! Lauren is growing SO FAST!!!
~Elyse~