Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Drum Roll Please.....

Lauren went potty on the "Big Girl" potty tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I get a "WooHoo"?!?!?! We've been letting her sit on our potty each day for a few weeks now with no results. Today I got out the BIG TIME potty chair. It's pink and purple and plays music when a child goes potty in it. Seriously.

Tonight after swimming lessons, we stripped her down and let her sit on it. She'd been on it for MAYBE five seconds when music started playing and at first I thought it was my cell phone. Then I realized she was peeing. Yay!!!!!! We were stunned and SO proud of her. I quickly ran to grab a bag of chocolate chips to reward her with one and ended up giving her a handful. I'm so proud of my big girl :-)

Tomorrow, she's going to wear just big girl undies all day.

Okay, maybe that's jumping the gun a little bit but it does make me want to go buy some for her!

I intended to post on the blog today all about our trip to Florida last week and my trip to Wausau earlier this week. Turned out we had a house showing suddenly scheduled for tonight so I spent the entire afternoon getting the house to look perfect. I packed up the pets and made sure the house was SPOTLESS. We drove to Lauren's swimming lessons and got a phone call that the house showing was cancelled. Turns out they had the wrong house and never intended to look at ours in the first place. So glad I wasted half a day making Lauren cry at the sight and sounds of the vaccuum. Oh well...

Pictures soon.
~Mindy

4 comments:

Elyse said...

YAHOO Lauren! What a big girl! Maybe this potty training is not that bad after all :)
~Elyse

Ummy said...

YEA!!!! that is cause for celebration!
~sara

Jenn said...

Yeah Lauren! I sure hope she continues to go on the potty - Tegan's potty use has been sporatic at best (ugh!) but I hear girls are easier to train and train earlier than boys. Keep us updated! :)

The Brenton's said...

Yah for Lauren!! If she is getting chocolate for a treat, there is a good chance she will continue to make that potty sing :)