At the end of my school year, my classroom was overrun with butterflies, Sally the Salamander and baby chicks! Lauren loved them all just as much as my students did. She also discovered one perk of being the teacher's daughter. See below :)
Examining the butterflies after they emerged from their cocoons.
This girl is NOT squeamish! She loves my salamander :)
Now for the perk that she got to enjoy...guess what I brought home for a weekend???
Yep, I brought home 8 baby chicks for the long Memorial Day weekend. Westin was completely enthralled!
Lauren LOVED having them here but I was more than happy to return them to the farmer at the end of the school year. They get really big really quickly and I just didn't need to keep a bunch of chickens.
I'll update again in the next few days with more pictures including a recent belly shot. Suffice it to say I'm getting huge! I'm 23 weeks along and at times it feels like my uterus is playing host to a never-ending wrestling match. I have the classic and frequent Braxton Hicks contractions, the heartburn, the acid reflux, the endless trips to the bathroom followed by running back to the bathroom because a baby shifted and made me realize I hadn't fully finished going like I thought I had. Fun stuff!!!
G'nite!
~M


No comments:
Post a Comment