Today I am officially 24 weeks along! We visited the perinatologist yesterday and were thrilled to see and hear that the babies are both doing very well. They are identical in size (1lb 9oz each) and are very active! Baby A is on my left side and is head-down. Baby B is on my right side and is breech. In the ultrasound pictures, you can just barely see the thin membrane that separates them. It's easier to see it in the bottom ultrasound picture--it's the thin line above both of their faces. In the top picture, you see Baby A's side profile and the leg/foot of Baby B right at his or her face. We still are not finding out their genders but I think I may have seen "girl parts" on Baby A. So that's my guess. Although Chad reminded me that when I was pregnant with Lauren, I thought I saw boy parts. Obviously I was wrong back then, so don't take my current prediction too seriously :)
I have begun the tedious but very fun task of going through our storage bins of newborn clothing. I've been pulling out all the neutrals as well as the onesies, burpcloths, etc. It is so fun to see all of Lauren's tiny pink outfits and to remember when she was small enough to wear them. I hope I get at least one more girl this time around so we can reuse the adorable girl baby clothes!
24 week belly shot.
Well, we knew it was going to happen eventually! Chad has a new helper when it comes time to wash cars in the driveway :)
This lasted about two minutes before she was bored and gave up. So maybe she didn't inherit that gene from her Daddy after all!
For our seventh wedding anniversary, we spent the day in Madison showing Lauren where we got married and where "Bucky Badger plays football."
Sitting in the famous "Terrace Chair" at the Memorial Union.
This is the church where we got married. Still just as beautiful as we remember it to be :)
We were also excited to recently meet the newest member of the family! My cousin Dedra and her husband Dan welcomed Hailey Bernice in May. She's absolutely adorable and got Lauren even more excited to soon have babies in our house.
To celebrate my birthday at the beginning of June, we spent the day in Chicago with my close friend Beth.
We had a blast at Shedd Aquarium! Lauren was determined to find Nemo amidst the thousands of ocean animals there. Lo and behold...
there he is! Can you see the tiny orange fish in this picture above? He must be famous enough to warrant giving him his own small tank with a few starfish friends. Lauren was very happy to see him!She also enjoyed going for a ride on a giant sea turtle. He isn't real. In case you were wondering.
Gotta love the jellyfish. I thought these two pictures were pretty cool. They are both of jellyfish actually. The picture below was taken while standing directly beneath a jellyfish tank. All of those circles are individual jellyfish pushed up against the glass. Pretty cool, huh?
Have a good rest of your weekend!
Love,
M


No comments:
Post a Comment