Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, December 26, 2008

Lauren's First Christmas- Part 1

Merry Christmas from the Lucas family!

We just got home this evening from a wonderful 5 days in Rice Lake with my parents and my sisters. We had a great time visiting with them and everybody got in lots of cuddle time with Lauren. It was such a special time to celebrate her first Christmas. She isn't quite old enough to be excited to unwrap gifts--she enjoyed that for the very first gift only and then simply wanted to play with tissue paper and the boxes. Go figure! We drove up to Rice Lake on Monday, after spending a nice and relaxing 3-day weekend at home last weekend. On Friday the 19th, we got dumped on with 13.5 inches of snow. School was cancelled (and thus so were our classroom Christmas parties) and Chad's office was closed. We stayed home and played with Lauren. At one point, I piled a bunch of snow onto her highchair so she could play with it. She wasn't sure what to think at first, but she ended up having fun!
This is Santa's biggest present for Lauren this year. Somehow he managed to fit this climbing system into his sleigh. Now it's in our yard awaiting spring so that Lauren can come out and play on it!Looking bored, waiting on Mommy to bring dessert :)
This is where Westin lays now whenever Lauren is in her highchair. Hey, it prevents the need for clean-up when she's done eating!

Monday we drove up to Rice Lake and spent the past five days playing with her and spending time with my family. There are lots and lots of pictures, so I'm probably going to post them over the course of two or more days. Enjoy :-)
Visiting with Lauren's Great-Grandpa Mac in Rice Lake.
My sister Holly's birthday is on Christmas day so we always spend the evening having a birthday celebration for her. Lauren got to join in on the fun and enjoyed her very first taste of birthday cake. I figured this is good practice for her first birthday, which is only three weeks away!
"Mmmmmm....sugar!!!!"

I'm headed to bed now but I'll post another update with many more pictures tomorrow. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with your own families. G'night!
Love,
Mindy & Lauren

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Have I already commented on the orange nose? So cute and brings back so many memories of Tegan's "youth" (cause he's so old now, HA!)