![]() |
| 26 weeks |
As of yesterday, I'm now officially 26 weeks along with the two newest members of our family! My weekly pregnancy email describes the development at each week. For this week, it says..."The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about two pounds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take two to three days." As for how I'm feeling, I'm doing pretty well. I've discovered that I can keep my feet and ankles from swelling if I just stay indoors in the air-conditioning! Otherwise they get huge. I'm more tired lately and sleeping is becoming more uncomfortable--specifically, turning over in bed is difficult. I get up about 3-4 times a night to use the bathroom and my hip joints always ache in pain. I'm guessing this is from the hip-widening that takes place to accommodate the passage of the baby through the birth canal. This is a cruel trick for those of us who have to have c-sections!! I can feel tons of movement throughout the day. This often makes for a funny (creepy?) sight as my stomach visibly moves around and you can actually see the kicks/punches. It's crazy!
As for gender predictions, all three of us are guessing that it's a boy and a girl. Guess we'll have to wait and see....Lauren's excitement level continues to build. At random times during the day, she'll suddenly exclaim "Mommy, the two babies are going to hatch out VERY soon!" We've told her that we don't want them to come very soon. I've read that most twins are delivered by 36 weeks, so I guess that puts us in the next 10 weeks and hopefully it'll be at the end of that. Tonight, we start a three-week class for parents expecting multiples. We'll learn about my nutrition and weight gain needs, body restrictions, signs of preterm labor, labor/delivery, the NICU and taking home/caring for multiple babies at once. Should be interesting!
For the Fourth of July weekend, we drove to visit Chad's grandparents in central Pennsylvania. Chad's parents as well as his aunts, uncles and three of his cousins were all there too. We had a great time visiting with everyone. Lauren loved being with her Great Mum-Mum and Pap and found a new friend with Chad's cousin Anna, who was the flower girl in our wedding. All weekend, Lauren followed her around referring to her as "the flower girl". Too cute!
![]() |
| Happy 75th birthday to both Mum-Mum and Pap! |
![]() |
| Lauren and "The Flower Girl" |
![]() |
| Meeting Sandy, Chad's Uncle Dave and Aunt Sally's Basset Hound. |
![]() |
| Four generations. |
![]() |
Enjoying an ice cream with her Pap. |
![]() |
Pap is very proud of his flagpole, so I took a few pictures to send to him. Looks so nice! |

Have a great week!
Love,
M
1 comment:
Looks like your belly got way bigger from 24-26 weeks! So exciting. I loved having a big belly. About the only thing I did love from being pregnant. I hated turning over in bed towards the end!
Post a Comment