No pictures today, simply because I forgot to take any new ones! We went to a professional photographer yesterday and got some awesome maternity shots and family pictures--pictures of our little family of 3 that will soon be 5! I should have some proofs from her in the next week or so and I'll post those.
Just a short and sweet update- I went to the specialist yesterday and got lots of info. My blood pressure, while still considered normal, is the highest it's ever been for me. That made me nervous but my doctor wasn't too concerned. As for the babies, they looked so big on the ultrasound! Baby A was measured to be approx. 4lbs 6oz and Baby B was approx 5lbs 8oz. We were very surprised to hear that Baby B was so big! I'd like them both to be at least 6lbs at birth and Baby B is almost there. Woohoo!! The only concern was that they differ in size so much from one another which can be normal but can also be a problem. The doctors want to make sure that they both continue to grow at healthy rates and that they don't diverge too much more from one another. She said that although she doesn't think I'm at risk for it, twins with weights that differ extremely from one another are at a greater risk of stillbirth. It was good news though to hear that both babies are considered to be of normal weight for their gestation. Baby A was in the 40-something percentile and Baby B was in the 70-something percentile. What does all of this mean? More frequent doctors appointments and monitoring. We go in twice next week- once to the OB and once to the specialist. At the specialist, the babies will now have weekly biophysical profiles done. This is essentially a 30-minute timed test during which time the babies will each be "tested" on the number of arm/leg movements, the amount of amniotic fluid they each have around them, whether they are practicing breathing movements with actual chest rises, and one other thing that I can't remember :) If any of these test results become alarming or if their weights diverge significantly more, then I think we might be faced with having them a bit earlier than we hoped but we'll do whatever we have to do to know that they are safe. I'll be 33 weeks this Saturday and my personal goal is to get them to 37 weeks. So keep your fingers crossed that they can stay in for 4 more weeks!
Also, the specialist put me on a work stoppage (medical leave) effective yesterday but I'm still going to have to go in to my classroom for final preparations next M-W. Other than that, I'm supposed to be at home taking it easy and "cooking" these babies. I have been spending most nights on the couch lately, which is more comfortable than our bed at this point. I guess that's a good thing for me to get used to because after the babies are born via c-section, I won't be allowed to climb stairs very much at all for two weeks. Fun!
More pictures coming soon :)
~Mindy
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment