Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 17, 2011

Photo Fun!

Before you enjoy the pictures...we are very excited to congratulate my sister Karlee and her new fiance, Matt!  They got engaged in Door County this weekend and we are thrilled to officially welcome Uncle Matt to the family!
I've got lots of new pictures to share!  Enjoy :)
Madison enjoying the playmat.
Kate-  She's awake and alert much more often than Madison.
Madison
 This picture and the one below really show their size disparity.  Madison is nearly two pounds heavier than our "Peanut", Kate.

Kate's tiny feet :)
My dad got to meet the twins this past week when he returned home following the end of the baseball season.  My dad has many years of experience being the father of three girls--I'm sure he will share lots of advice with Chad!

I love how they are holding hands here.  That's Kate on the left and Madison on the right.
So how are things going here?  Pretty well, actually.  Lauren is adjusting and LOVES her little sisters.  At first, she had a hard time sharing Mommy and just wanted to be with me at all times.  I have been trying to spend time alone with her each day and that seems to be helping.  Chad and I are doing well also.  He is halfway through with his month-long paternity leave.  We feel so blessed and fortunate that he was given this time to be home.  He has been a HUGE help to me.  As far as sleep goes...that was one of my greatest fears about having twins.  I thought that sleep would be non-existant.  Turns out I was wrong!  These girls are sleepers and that's just fine with us.  I know that this won't always be the case, but we're appreciating it while we can.  I am breastfeeding them both, so I feed them their bedtime feeding around 9:00 and then we lay them down for the night.  We typically have to wake them to nurse between 1:00-2:00am and then again between 5-6am and finally between 8-9am before coming downstairs to start our day.  So Chad and I are actually getting some decent chunks of sleep ourselves.  I feed them every 2.5-3 hours during the day but their doctor gave us the okay to let them go every 4 hours at night if they are sleeping.  Sounds great to us! 

Tonight, Chad's mom is coming to stay for the rest of this week.  We are looking forward to having another set of hands to help us.  Have a great week!
Love,
M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Charlotte likes the picture of them in the diapers with their nuks :) You guys are doing awesome!! I love reading your updates.

Stacy