After a very peaceful four days in the hospital, we are ALL home! Here's a quick "before" picture that was taken the morning of my surgery, right before we left for the hospital.
This is my new favorite picture :) Kate is on the left and Madison is on the right.
Here's Madison in the delivery room right after she was born.
The screen behind her lists her weight: 6lbs 13 oz.
Here's Kate right after delivery, weighing in at 5lbs 3oz.
Cuddle time together. Kate on the left, Madison on the right.
I think this is Kate. Not 100% sure though :)
This is yet another moment when Chad and I looked at each other and said "oh my gosh, there's TWO!"
The proud Daddy!
Here's a quick recap of our last four days...when we arrived at the hospital on Friday morning, they didn't have our "reservation". We walked up to the labor & delivery counter and told the nurse we were there to check in for our 12:30 c-section and we were met with blank stares and a response, "we don't have a 12:30 c-section today". Uh, yes you do. We were sent to wait in the waiting room while they figured out what had happened. They called my OB who confirmed that I wasn't crazy and was in fact supposed to be there. They also called the hospital pre-registration department who confirmed that yes, I had pre-registered. So somebody just forgot to pass that info along to the labor and delivery department. Not like they are that important and would need to know that info, right?!?! Anyways, they scrambled and got us into a room. I put on a gown and was put on a contraction monitor while the babies' heart rates were monitored. Then the anesthesiologist came in to talk with us and the OB did too. At about 12:20, I was walked into the OR to be prepped while Chad stayed out in the hallway to put on his scrubs. I got a spinal block and was helped to lay down flat on the surgery table. I found it hilarious that "best practice" in surgery now requires them to ask you three diferent times to state your name, date of birth and the reason for the surgery. It's a little unnerving to be laying draped on a surgery table, numb from the chest down and to have your obstetrician (who I have seen more than 30 times in the past few months) ask you why you need surgery today. I should have said I was there for knee surgery just to see his response!
Chad was brought in to the OR when they began the surgery and the babies were born within two minutes of one another. The anesthesiologist gave us the "play by play" details and described for us when he saw Baby A's head and then shoulders emerging. When we heard "it's a girl!", we were totally sure that Lauren's prediction of a boy and a girl was correct. So when we heard them say "it's another girl!", we were shocked!
I'll continue with more details later. Breastfeeding is going really well, but it is VERY demanding of my time. Maddie is crying for food right now :) Also, we got confirmation today that they are fraternal twins, not identical.
Love,
All of us!


2 comments:
yea! so glad both of the girls got to come home today together. Hope the adjustment period of not only having a newborn in the home again but two of them! Just remember if you need something on a Tuesday or Thursday, I am usually off so just call! I am sure Mason wouldn't flirting with the 3 girls!
Sara
Thanks for sharing! I'm happy that all is going well :)
Post a Comment