Today Lauren had to go back to the pediatrician's office for more of her two-month shots. Babies have to get SO many vaccinations nowadays. Instead of inundating her little immune system with so many live vaccines at once, I made the decision to spread them out a bit. So instead of getting 4 vaccines at her two-month appointment, she got two of them and then she got two more today (a month later). At her four-month appointment in May, I'll do the same thing and only have her get half of the vaccines. Then we'll go back in June for the second half. I felt so bad today because she was sound asleep in her carseat when we got to the doctor's office. When I woke her for her shots, she was smiling and cooing at me. While she was literally mid-smile, the nurse gave her a shot and she screamed. It brought tears to my eyes too and I felt horrible for making her go through the pain. Poor girl~
In better news, Lauren learned to laugh! Last night while I was tickling her, she started laughing. To me, that was the best sound in the whole world :)
Looks like Lauren will get lots of time with her Grandma Lucas and her Aunt Karlee this week. She's looking forward to it!
Love,
Mindy and the giggle-bug


No comments:
Post a Comment