Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Mmmmm...Fingers taste yummy :)

As you can tell from the name of this post, Lauren absolutely loves to suck on her fingers. She tries to get all of them in her mouth at once, not just her thumb. In fact, she spits out her pacifier now because she prefers her fingers.
It's a beautiful day here today (50 degrees and sunny), so I took her and Westin for a long walk. It felt so good to be outside in the sun. My goal is to be back in ALL of my pre-baby clothing by the time I go back to work in another month (and NO, that is not the reason why I extended my maternity leave by another month). So I'm trying to go for long walks as often as possible. So far, so good!
Last Saturday, Lauren discovered her voice for the first time. She has been saying "oh" over and over again. It's adorable to hear her as she tries to carry on a conversation with me...with Chad...with Westin...with her mobile...with pretty much anything. She just says "oh, oh, ohhhh, oh, ohhhh, OH!" It's pretty funny!

Lauren's first jewelry item- A bracelet engraved with her name. It's a gift from Grandma and Grandpa Steighner.
I got Lauren a surf-board "tummy time" mat. I think she likes it! The clear compartment with the fish is also full of water, so it's fun for her to watch.

This picture made me laugh :)
Gotta love those fingers!
I mentioned the death of my student's mom in my last message. Her funeral is tomorrow evening and I'll be speaking at the service. They've asked me to speak about her contributions to the school and to my classroom. Hope I can get through it without breaking down while I watch her two little kids as they sit through the service. Ugh. Chad's coming with me because he had also met her and her children several times. Grandma Lucas is coming over to babysit while we're gone...
Looking forward to a nice weekend coming up. The weather is supposed to be nice and I heard that the Milwaukee Zoo has free admission all day Saturday. I'm going to try to convince Chad that Lauren deserves her first trip to the zoo this weekend. We'll see.
Love,
Mindy & Lauren

No comments: