Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Four months old!

Hello! I'm so sorry that it's taken me awhile to post another message on here. Going back to work full-time has been exhausting. I'm so busy and when I get home in the afternoon, all I want to do is play with Lauren. Using my home computer is the last thing on my mind.

Anyway, Lauren is doing very well. She had a visit to the pediatrician for her four month check-up on Monday. She is now 13lbs 8oz, which falls into the 50th percentile for her age & weight. She was slightly over 25inches long, which is the 75th percentile for her age and length. The doc said she's a little thin for her length, but that's okay. My only difficulty with her lately is with her nighttime sleep schedule (or lack thereof). I know that I boasted about how well she was sleeping through the night for awhile there. Well, wouldn't you know that as soon as I went back to work full-time, she started getting up twice a night again to nurse. Ugh. That means I am now back to sleeping in 2-3 hour increments and also trying to be upbeat and energetic at work all day as I chase all of my kindergarteners around. This is more exhausting than when Lauren was first born. Back then, I could rest all day and take naps when she napped. Wow, I miss those days!



I'm just getting over a nasty cold that hit me hard on Saturday night. We spent the afternoon Saturday shopping at Johnson Creek outlets and by the time we got home, I started feeling miserable. I went to bed super early, and spent my very first Mother's Day feeling super crummy. I rested all day, spent very little time with Lauren so I wouldn't get her sick and never left the house. Oh well. My parents came over for the evening and Chad made a nice dinner for everyone. So it wasn't all bad :)


My mom returned to Rice Lake tonight because Karlee is flying in for the weekend tomorrow. Next week, Chad's mom is going to stay with Lauren for 3 days while I'm at work. Then my mom will return again to help me finish out the school year. The students are done June 12, so I've got just under a month to go. Can't wait!

Here are a few new pics. Enjoy!


No comments: