Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 22, 2008

It's been awhile!

Sorry it's been so long since I last posted an update here. Between work and Lauren...I just don't have time (or energy) to use the computer at home. Things are going well here. Lauren's Grandma Steighner was here from Sunday until this morning to take care of Lauren while Chad and I were at work. I think they had a great time together, with lots of playing and cuddles. These Grandmas are making me look bad. Somehow they find a way to stay on top of Chad's and my laundry while watching Lauren. Now how come I couldn't do that while I was home on maternity leave?

Chad's usually in charge of bathtime, but he's at grad school on Thursday nights so I had the pleasure of giving her a bath tonight. She was happy and cheerful the whole time.

She prefers sucking her fingers rather than a pacifier most of the time.



Can you tell how big her hands and fingers are? I think we may have a piano player!

Lauren is still swaddled tightly for every nap and at night. I'm not sure when to stop doing this...I'm afraid she'll startle herself and wake up multiple times if she isn't swaddled.

My smiley girl.

Daddy and his "mini-me".

Watching American Idol and cuddling together.

Work is going well, I guess. It is very hard to be away from Lauren each day but luckily the end is in sight. My students' last day of school is Thursday, June 12 and I'll be done on the 13th. So just a few more weeks until she and I can spend all of our days together again. At least until the end of August... My students definitely have spring fever. They are bouncing off the walls and I'm trying so hard to get them ready for first grade. They sure are keeping me on my toes. One of the second graders asked me the other day if I've had the baby yet. Gee, thanks. Do I still look pregnant?!?! I got a good laugh at that one :-)

Have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend. Lauren will be meeting her great-grandparents Mum-Mum and Pap for the first time. She'll also be seeing Uncle Ryan for the first time since she was a week old. Should be fun!

Love,

Mindy and Lauren

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Mindy,
I experienced the same thing when my mom was doing daycare for me for the month that i had to go back to work last year. She was watching Tegan, cleaning the house and doing all our laundry and it sure made me feel like I was useless! It gets easier over time and I still don't keep up with laundry like I should :) I, too, am SO excited for summer and time to re-bond with Tegan. He's definitely become a Daddy's boy these last few weeks and it's SO hard in the morning when he doens't care if he gets a good-bye hug and/or kiss. I was nearly in tears thsi morning when he wouldn't even acknowledge me (was more interested in the kitties). Happy Memorial Day Weekend to you, too!