I went back to work on Friday and actually had a better time than I thought I would. Separating from Lauren wasn't too heartwrenching. I think I got all the tears out on Thursday. Chad and I had worked out a plan for how our morning would go so that we could help one another to get ready for work and get Lauren ready for daycare. Our plan worked well and we were all out the door, dressed and fed, by 7:10a.m. I dropped Lauren off at daycare, kissed her and promised her I'd be back and got a little choked up but I didn't cry! On that first day (Friday), I had NEXT year's kindergarten class for our annual "Kindergarten Screening" day. That's always a hilarious day as we watch the upcoming kiddos soak it all in, so it was a good day for me to be back. Big problems at lunchtime though. WARNING: If you are eating right now or have no interest in reading about baby poop, stop reading here...
I went to her daycare during lunch so that I could nurse her. I had warned Christa that Lauren was in a phase where she was only having a poopy diaper once every 3 days. You can imagine the blowout each time on that 3rd day. Anyways, wouldn't it just be my luck that her third day fell on her first day at daycare. Anyways, when I got there at lunch she hadn't had a diaper blowout yet but I KNEW it was coming. I was nursing her on the family room couch when I heard the loudest diaper explosion I'd ever heard. I hollered for Christa to come quick because I could tell it would be a two-person job. I was right. As Christa lifted Lauren from my lap, baby poop poured all over my work pants, the couch, the wood floor, the nice rug...you get the idea. It was EVERYWHERE. Ugh. Of all days, she had to do this on her very first day there. Somehow, Christa found it in her heart to not fire us from her daycare after that :) I scrubbed up my pants, wiped up the couch and floor and had to run back to work, leaving Christa with my daughter who had poop covering every square inch of her body. Yuck.
Thanks to Pat and Amanda for the fun Exersaucer. Lauren loves it, although she is still a little small for it. Her feet don't quite touch bottom yet.


Hangin' out with Daddy.

Look at the jealous one on the left side of Chad's legs. Poor neglected guy :(

Friends forever.
Lauren's got a new ride! Thanks to the Wolner family for her awesome new jogging stroller. We tried this out for the first time on a long walk with Westin. It was the first time Lauren had faced forward for a walk. She wasn't too sure about the breeze and about not being able to see us as we were walking with her. But I think she'll really enjoy it as she gets a little bigger.
Today was the first day back with my current kindergarten class. I was mobbed on the playground before school and was showered with homemade cards and gifts from all my kiddos. I admit that it was fun to be back with them but I really miss Lauren. She's still exclusively breastfeeding, so it was a pain in the neck to have to pump milk several times throughout the day. A teacher's day is just not designed to accommodate that very well. A 15-minute recess does not lend itself to all that needs to get done each time!!
Have a good work week!
Love,
Mindy and Lauren
3 comments:
Oh honey, one of your pumping sessions is only 15 min?! I feel your pain. How stressful to pump when you have such a short time limit. :( BLAH! I have to say that I laughed out loud when I read your explosion story and grinned even bigger when you went back to work with the poopy work pants still on. Nice!
Hey Mindy,
Great poop story! Don't you just love breastfed baby poop?!?
I am glad things went well going back to work. I was thinking about you on Friday!
By the way, Lauren is adorable. I like checking your blog to see her and check out her 'milestones' - it gives me a good idea where Grace will be in a few months.
Hi, it's Rachel. Lauren is adorable, and I want to jump into the pictures, and squeeze her cheeks. I check every day for new pictures.
Hi, it's Anna. I think that Lauren is really cute. I am in second grade. I am 7 yers old. My teacher's name is Mrs.Holton. She is nice. I wish that I could see Lauren in real life.
Post a Comment