Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I love summer vacation :-)

Lauren and I are already settling in to a nice schedule together. She's been doing much better sleeping through the night. She sleeps from about 8:45ish until 5:15ish and then nurses briefly and falls right back asleep. Then she gets up for the day at 7:15 every day, just like clockwork. Then we play and she goes down for a morning nap from 9:15-10:30. Then we play more or go for a walk and she goes down for an early afternoon nap at 1:00. Today, I took her between naps for a long walk along the Fox River in downtown Waukesha. There are some really pretty floral gardens there and a big playground, so we looked at the flowers and watched the
"big kids" on the playground (okay, so really they were about 2-years-old each and not really "big kids" but to Lauren they certainly are!). I had her in the Baby Bjorn tummy pack for that walk. At 15lbs 10oz, (I had her weighed at her vaccination appointment yesterday) I could feel that she's almost too heavy for the tummy pack so I'd better use it while I can.


Since I'm home all summer, I'll probably be able to post more frequent blog updates. I took a few cute pictures today, just before we went out on the deck and played in the kiddie pool for awhile. Here's Lauren hanging out on the couch watching me as I folded laundry.

Have a great rest of your week!

Love,

Mindy and Lauren

2 comments:

Elyse said...

Can she be any cuter??
What a sweet smile!!!
~Elyse~

Jenn said...

Mindy, what a nice routine you've settled into! Tegan LOVES playing in the water right now (I've gotta post pics from Fathers day of that) so I feel like he's been living in his swim trunks... that's a good thing, right? I wish we lived closer to lakes to go walk around, but the closest are in Minneapolis, nearly a 30 min drive, so right there it's an hour of our day... though I guess he could nap while I do it.

I'm impressed you're still using the baby bjorn at nearly 16 pounds! THat's when I packed ours away, it was just torture on my back! Do you have a back carrier? (kelty or something similar?) Happy Thursday!
~jenn