Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pumpkin Patch!

Hello! We have had a busy, fun-filled weekend. Friday night was my school's "Fall Fest" and we ended up taking Lauren as well as some of our friends from our dinner club. It was alright- a bunch of elementary school kids running around like crazy and lots of food and games to support the PTA. The highlight of our night was racing one another on the 60-foot-long inflatable obstacle course. Luckily, we all escaped without injury :-)

On Saturday morning, my parents came to town so that Chad and I could go to the Badger football game in Madison. Before we left though, we all took Lauren to a nearby pumpkin patch. We got lots of cute pictures!






This was Lauren's first meal with REAL food! I made baked chicken with brown rice and carrots. She loved it and we laughed watching her try to pick up the food pieces and get them into her mouth. Too cute. On a sidenote- this begins a new period in our lives as Westin learns the joy of sitting right beside the highchair. I think he got to enjoy this meal just as much as Lauren did :-)
Mommy's little bookworm~
Lauren's evening with my parents went well. Wish I could say the same about the Badger game. Today, Lauren woke up with her first cold! (Hmmm, could she have caught it at the school dance?) She's been sneezing all day and has her first runny nose. Poor girl. Despite her cold, we had her 9-month-old pictures taken today and they went pretty well. When we get them back in a few weeks, I'll post them here for all of you to see.
Have a great week!
Love,
Mindy and Lauren

1 comment:

Elyse said...

Adorable pumpkin patch pictures!!! Glad you could go to the game!!! Poor Lauren and her cold, hope it goes away soon. Have a great week!