Hi everybody! I have the day off of work today so I had my 33 week prenatal appointment this morning. Things are progressing very well. The baby is measuring right on target and all of my vital signs were good. I go back for my next appointment in just two weeks. I'm not sure how soon they start checking to see if I've started dilating at all--I think I remember hearing that the internal exams will begin when I reach 36 weeks. Sounds fun (I'm kidding).
We are leaving tonight to go up north and celebrate Thanksgiving with my family. Everybody will be home except Holly, who is waiting and coming home for a longer stay at Christmas instead. After my Dr. appointment this morning, I was really productive. I took Westin for a grooming appointment at the Doggy Spa, went to Babies R Us to pick up a few items and also went to USA Baby and bought our car seat. I think we're totally ready now as far as "things" go...now we just have to ready ourselves mentally. That's the scary part.
We had our second "Labor and Birthing" class last night. We learned way more than we'll probably ever need to know about the process of labor and delivery. We saw a few videos of babies being born and practiced a few different breathing techniques. I also got to practice some pain-relief techniques using the birthing ball (it's the same as a yoga ball). Our next class is next Tuesday night. I think we get a tour of the birthing center that night, which we're really looking forward to!
Well, I'm off to go pack for the holiday weekend. I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels!
Love,
Mindy and Baby S.
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment