Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 4, 2007

A fun and relaxing weekend~

Hi everybody! Sorry I haven't updated this since Wednesday. I always have good intentions but I just don't feel as if my life is exciting enough to update more frequently!! Maybe once the baby is born...

I'm feeling really good still. Just tired a lot. The baby continues to move around a bunch and has really been enjoying kicking me in the ribs lately. That is such a bizarre feeling. Here's an updated photo. Please disregard the pajama pants.


Friday after work, Chad and I met Karlee and her boyfriend Matt at our house and then took them with us for dinner with some of our dinner club friends at the new Blue Sombrero restaurant. We were told it would be an hour-long wait for a group of 10. Well, after about 75 minutes of standing and waiting, I started to get a little frustrated. Apparently, my patience level isn't what it used to be before I got pregnant! The manager apologized for the inconvenience and promised us that as soon as we were seated, he'd have fresh appetizers rushed to our table. We were seated soon after that and did enjoy a few platters of free appetizers. Believe it or not, we had first arrived at the restaurant at 6:30 and didn't get out of there until about 9:30. Geez...we've had dinners at the Melting Pot that took less time than that! Anyways, after dinner we went back to our house for a bonfire. I knew it was about 34 degrees outside, so I bundled up in two pairs of pants, two pairs of socks, 2 long-sleeve shirts, a heavy fleece sweatshirt, a ski jacket, scarf, gloves, a hat and ear muffs. Okay--I realize that seems like overkill, but I didn't want to get cold at all! My strategy worked. I was so warm that as soon as I sat down in front of the fire, I feel asleep! What a great host I am, huh? I woke up a short time later and decided to go back into the house and just go to bed. I think the time I spent dressing in the layers and then taking them all off actually exceeded the total amount of time I was outside. Oh well.

Saturday was spent resting on the couch writing the fifth (and final!) chapter of my thesis. It's due on Wednesday and I've nearly finished it now. After working on it for most of the day, Chad and I went out on the town for dinner and a little shopping. We found a great bookshelf for the nursery as well as a small side table to put next to the glider rocker. We got a great deal on the side table- it was marked as $69.99, but the shelf tag said $15, so they sold it to us for $15! Can't beat that :)



We assembled the book shelf last night and put all my children's books onto it and then called it a night. Today was similar to yesterday-- I rested and worked on my thesis while Chad cleaned up the basement family room, moved lots of things to storage and did all the laundry. What a guy!
Have a great week!
Love,
Mindy and Baby S.

No comments: