As the title of this post indicates, I'm starting to get nervous about how soon I'll be having this baby! I know we're ready as far as the nursery and all the "stuff" is concerned. But mentally...well, that's different. I'm getting a little anxious about going on maternity leave from my kindergartners. I'll miss them terribly and I *hope* that the long-term sub we've hired will be able to keep things consistent with the way I've had the class operating. I really don't want the kids to have a rough time with the transition.
As far as how I've been feeling- I'm doing pretty well. The baby's movements have become really strong and pronounced, especially at night. For about the last week, I've literally gotten up at least five times each night just to use the bathroom. That seems like too much!! Is that normal or do I need to back off on how much water I'm drinking in the afternoons and evenings? Last night we had another night of our labor & delivery class. We learned about c-sections, medical interventions and pain meds. Prior to the class, I was totally willing to go with an epidural. After last night's class though, I'm leaning more towards wanting to try the natural route. My mom did that with all three of us girls and I'm starting to think I want to try it too. The epidural idea scares me because I really don't want to be rendered immobile. I think that would scare the heck out of me. But we'll see.
Tonight I received the fifth chapter of my thesis back from my instructor. She said it looks great and needs no revisions...so I'm done!!!! The only thing I have left is to type up a 200 word abstract. I just finished writing 90 pages, so I think I can handle 200 words :-) Then it's off to Kinko's to let them print it on "fancy" paper and then I drop it off at the library for them to send it off to be professionally bound. I guess you all know what you're getting from me for Christmas! Ha!
Keep my dad in your thoughts. He's having knee surgery on Friday in Minneapolis. He got hit with a line drive at the end of this season and has been in a lot of pain recently. Hopefully he'll feel much better after Friday.
When I go into labor (which hopefully is still at least 4-6 weeks away), we'll try to post a message here to say that we're headed to the hospital. I guess it depends on how I'm feeling and how quickly we have to get there. We also plan to bring my computer with us to the hospital so that we can put pictures up on this website right away. Hope that'll work!
Have a good night!
Love,
Mindy and Baby S.
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I can't believe you're already 34 weeks! You look awesome based on the pics you've posted recently. Good luck with the "all natural" thing. More power to you if you can do it, I had no intentions of that from the get-go. HA! Also, how immobile you become from the epidural is totally variant from person to person. I felt nothing from the waist down while others I know could still feel a dull ache from the contractions and were up walking ok immediately after birth and during labor. I think it's a hit or miss kinda deal.
Congrats on finishing the thesis! Some day I'll get my masters, but I'm in no rush to do that right now, that's for sure.
Also, on the night-time peeing, 5 times is TOTALLY normal! You're lucky it's just from peeing, cause with me it was from being outrageously uncomfortable. You can probably back off on the water/fluids a little before bedtime, but not too much. Staying hydrated while pregnant is SO important, as I'm sure you know.
Take care and we need another belly pic! :)
Post a Comment