Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, December 31, 2007

Another Dr. Update~

Our appointment went well this morning. The baby doesn't seem quite ready to come out yet, though. The dr. decided not to check me for dilation today. He figured since I haven't had very many contractions at all, there probably isn't a lot of progress. He did offer to induce me when I am 39 weeks along on Thursday. He said he offers it in case a pregnant mom is really uncomfortable. I declined though. I'd really like to try to have this baby naturally without being induced, so we'll see! Keep your fingers crossed for us :-)

On another positive note, we've picked our daycare provider! We will be using a woman who has a daughter in my class this year. She provides "in-home" daycare to teachers' kids and is located about a mile from my school. She is very flexible with her schedule and will watch our baby full-time in addition to keeping him or her later into the evening on the rare occasions when I have conferences or meetings and Chad has grad class. Her rates are very affordable and we'll never have to pay for days when our baby isn't there- even over the summer! Most other daycares charge you to keep a spot over the summer, so we'll save a lot of money this way. Her husband is a kindergarten teacher and Chad and I met with both of them for awhile yesterday afternoon. I already knew that I wanted to use them, but I needed Chad to meet them first and develop his own opinion. He liked them, so we're all set. That is a HUGE relief to have that all lined up now.

We're headed to Derek and Sara Umnus' house tonight for the annual dinner club New Year's party. Should be lots of fun! Have a safe and fun New Years Eve.
Love,
Mindy and Baby S.

No comments: