We have had a very busy weekend! My parents and Holly came to stay at our house for a few days before Karlee's graduation. She graduated today from UW-Madison after only 3.5 years. I guess she was trying to make up for my 6.5 year stint. :-) Even though the graduation ceremony was this afternoon, she still has three finals to take throughout the week. Then she's packing up and moving home (temporarily). She's said that she's going to stay at home until we have the baby and then come visit for a little while. Then she'll move to San Diego to stay with Matt (her boyfriend since 8th grade) until he graduates in March. Then they're both going to determine where they are each moving (she wants to begin nursing school and he wants to begin law school...but neither of them have been accepted anywhere yet).
Anyways....the family came to town on Thursday and spent time relaxing at our house. Westin loved having them here. Here he is with Holly:
Unfortunately, Chad and I weren't home much while they were here. We had a graduation celebration for me at one of my professors' houses Friday night. Then Saturday we ran errands for most of the day. I printed the final three copies of my thesis at Kinko's and we nearly completed our Christmas shopping. Saturday night we went to a Christmas party at Andy and Rachel's house. They are friends from our dinner club. Needless to say, I'd had a busy day and was tired really early, so we didn't stay long.
Today we got up early and drove to Madison for graduation. Here are a few pics of the big day!
That's Karlee up on the Jumbotron getting her diploma (well, actually they gave her an empty diploma folder. No diploma until her grades are in.)
Karlee and Matt.



These pictures make me look huge! I feel as if I could have this baby any day now. I'm ready for it....
Have a good night and a great week.
Love,
Mindy and Baby S.
No comments:
Post a Comment