Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Getting ready for Christmas!

Hi everybody! Here's an updated body pic. Not much bigger than two weeks ago...although I feel pretty big! We finished our labor and delivery classes tonight. We got a full tour of the birthing center at Waukesha Memorial Hospital. It's a lot bigger than I expected. Every room is private and includes a jacuzzi tub. Not too shabby :-)



As you'll see below, Chad bought himself a new yard toy. Yep, he bought the Sears Craftsman snowblower that practically throws our snow into the neighbor's yard three houses down from our own! He used it this weekend and is currently using it right now (yes, at 10:41p.m., he's out clearing our driveway). Boys will be boys.


Clark Griswold, I mean Chad, spent a great deal of time putting up Christmas lights this past weekend. He's got them in the front and back of the house, although he decided not to put them up in the five large evergreens on the right side of our house this year. We think that was why we kept losing power to the whole house last year. Go figure.


I had another doctor's appointment yesterday. Everything continues to look good. At my next appointment on the 17th, they'll check to see if I've started dilating. Yikes. That means we're getting close!
Today at school, my students and their families threw a big baby shower for me. When one of the moms was describing the shower and the games to all of my students, she asked them what they think we do at a baby shower. They all thought we were going to take out the baby and give it a shower! They had lots of fun playing "Pin the nuk on the baby", Baby Bingo, and guess how big a string needs to be to go all around Mrs. Steighner's belly. I guess I need to work on their measuring skills--many of their strings wrapped around me multiple times. They also made me a class book where every child made a page with advice on how to be a good mom. I didn't get to see the book yet, but when I do, I'll post some of their advice here. I'm sure it'll be funny!
Thanks to those who have asked about my dad's surgery. He's doing well and is walking around fairly easily now. He's glad to have it over with!
Have a great night.
Love,
Mindy and the wiggly worm

No comments: