Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, December 21, 2007

A Crazy Day!

Hi everybody. What a week! My students have been bouncing off the walls this week as they anticipated Christmas vacation and our classroom Christmas party. I surprised them with a visit from Santa Claus this afternoon. I wish I had videotaped the scene....they had just finished opening their stockings that I had filled and were soooooooo loud and getting too wild. Suddenly, we all heard bells ringing in the hallway and in walked Santa! The kids froze and went totally silent. They were shocked :-)

It was a fun week but I am truly exhausted. I'm about to go to sleep and I plan on staying there for many, many hours. The baby has been really active and should be about 6-6.5 pounds by now. We're at the point where this little one could decide to come any day and the docs wouldn't stop it. I can't believe how quickly this time has flown by! We have another doctor appointment Monday morning--I'll be checked each Monday for signs of the onset of labor. We'll keep you posted~

Two little bits of humor from my classroom....the kids were working quietly on a project earlier this week when one of my little girls yelled across the room. "Hey Mrs. Steighner! Guess what? My daddy has a million dollars hiding in our basement and the cops don't know about it!" What on Earth am I supposed to say to that? (Other than "Where do you live, honey?")

And today, before Santa's visit, my students informed me that my belly looks just like Santa's. Gee, thanks kids. :-)

Have a great weekend.
Love,
Mindy and Baby S.

No comments: