Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, December 28, 2007

He won't come in!

Hi everybody. Well, it's snowing like crazy all day today and Westin is thrilled. He LOVES the snow and absolutely refuses to come inside right now. I keep trying to call him inside and he is blatantly ignoring me. Here's my frosty dog:


Each time I call his name, he turns and looks at me for a second and then goes back to watching over his yard. Even when I offer him an ice cube (which is his favorite treat), he looks at me like I'm nuts. Okay, maybe I am nuts to offer him an ice cube when he's outside today of all days....

In other news, I'm feeling okay but getting pretty worn out lately. I don't sleep all that well at night and find myself doing alot of tossing and turning. Last night, I had a few really strong contractions that woke me up but nothing that indicated the onset of labor. I've been enjoying my time off of work. I finished packing my hospital bags and also met with a police officer for about a half hour yesterday to have our car seat installation inspected. Good thing I did--he said Chad and his dad had done it wrong! I was really surprised with all that I learned from the guy. He did a recall check to ensure that our seat is safe. He also climbed into the Highlander and literally sat in the seat base himself to get it secured as tightly as possible. He said it should move no more than an inch in either direction when pushed/pulled on. He also took out the head supports that came with our car seat and said we should only use a small blanket rolled up and placed gently around the baby's head. I learned a lot and recommend that all our friends meet with a certified car seat installation inspector before you use infant seats...
Chad just called (it's 1:00 on Friday) and said that his office just closed for the day due to the weather. He's on his way home now :-)
We have another Dr. appointment on Monday, so I'll post another update then. Have a nice weekend!
Love,
Mindy and Baby S.

No comments: