Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Doctor Update

Well, we had a long visit with the perinatologist today and I came away from it a little bit nervous.  Both babies passed their biophysical profile tests, so that was good.  The growth scan is what made me nervous.  Baby A has grown a pound in the last month and was estimated to weigh around 5lbs 8oz today.  Baby B however only measured in at 5lbs 9oz.  If you recall, that Baby was estimated to be 5lbs 8oz a month ago.  Thus...only an ounce of growth in a month.  This can be a sign of a problem or it could simply mean that the measurements done of Baby B last month overestimated his/her actual size.  There is a certain amount of error we have to consider and these weights are just estimates, so that doesn't mean they are accurate.  Still, it made me nervous.  So the game plan is that I go again for another biophysical profile next week and then a  repeat growth scan two weeks from today.  If Baby B hasn't grown much in the next two weeks, I'm guessing we'll deliver them that day.  Otherwise they will probably just have me wait two more days until Friday the 30th for delivery.  In the mean time, the doctor said it'd be great if my body just decides to go into labor between now and then.  So we wait :)

Love,
M

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I can only imagine your worry. Praying for you and the babies that all is normal and the estimates from last time were off for Baby B :) Love and hugs!!!

Jennifer Christensen said...

Hang in there! I'd only assume that since with a singleton the weight estimates can be off around 10%, that with twins it might be even more difficult to get a real good reading (?) - I can only imagine how crammed they are! I hope you are able to keep your mind occupied to not worry too much. Of course they tell you everything to inform you but at the same time they tell you it's best if you don't worry and just relax... um yeah... easy for them to say!

Rest up, you new little ones will be letting you do anything but that in a matter of days!