Since I'm now up to two doctor visits per week, I thought I'd give you this week's update. At the perinatologist on Wednesday, the babies had another biophysical profile test. Just like the week before, they both passed with flying colors. It was also neat to see because this time, we could see quite a bit of hair on Baby B and a little bit on Baby A. This makes me think they might be fraternal.... Next week at the peri., we'll do a full growth scan and another biophysical profile. The growth scan will give us an updated estimate on their weights. I have my fingers crossed that they are both close to 6lbs. I really, really want them to each be at least 6lbs at delivery. I've been steadily gaining weight, so it had better be because THEY are steadily gaining weight :)
I saw my OB this morning and things are looking good there too. My blood pressure was normal and the babies had strong heartbeats. I told both the peri and my OB that I've been feeling quite a bit of menstrual cramps and they both told me that those are normal and they indicate that my body is preparing itself for labor. Hmmmmm. Maybe I won't make it to Sept. 30 afterall. The OB did check me today and said that while I am 20% effaced, I have not started dialating. Even though I am having a c-section, they still have to monitor me to make sure I'm not walking around dialated at 4cm+. Since this is a twin pregnancy, the odds are good that I'll go into labor on my own before 38 weeks, which is when the delivery is currently scheduled for. I feel like a ticking time bomb just waiting for my water to break. That never happened on it's own when I was pregnant with Lauren, but with twins I've heard it's more common. Plus I've been told that most twins are delivered by 36 weeks. I'm six days away from that mark, so it really could be any day now. I get nervous, anxious and excited all at once just thinking about it.
In other news....Lauren started preschool this week. She attends M-W-F mornings and is loving it. It's the same daycare/preschool that she's been to in the past, so she was quick to jump back into their routines. Even though I'm home full-time right now, it's good for her to go be with her friends and it's helpful to me because it lets me rest a bit more.
Nothing much else to report. Excited to watch the Badgers play tomorrow. (I may not have mentioned on here, but I DID go to their home opener last week in Madison. It was so much fun and super easy to get to, since we rode a stadium shuttle and then the golfcart for the elderly and handicapped. Got the "front-door service" right up to the gate for our seats. Gotta love it!)
Have a good weekend!
Love,
M
Friday, September 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment