Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 29, 2007

A busy weekend...

Yesterday was the wedding of my fellow kindergarten teacher colleague, Michelle. The wedding was beautiful and the bride and groom seemed to have the perfect day. The wedding was in Port Washington, which is situated alongside Lake Michigan north of Milwaukee. There was about 2 hours of downtime between the ceremony and the reception, so Chad and I went to the lakefront and found a beautiful park and boat marina. We looked at all the fancy yachts and found several that were for sale. We now know what we will do with an extra $800,000 if we ever happen to have it :)

My goal yesterday was to enjoy the wedding and have a great time catching up with co-workers that I haven't seen since the first week in June. Most were unaware (at first) that I was pregnant. But since my baby bump is starting to look obvious, I quickly was getting suspicious looks from them. I hadn't planned to tell anyone before the wedding and especially not AT the wedding. A few of my co-workers started asking others if I was pregnant. By the end of the reception, I had shared my news with some who simply wouldn't quit asking. A few of them were pretty funny. They said things like "I know you probably don't want to announce it at Michelle's wedding. You dont' have to say it...I can tell!" Michelle never said anything and as far as I know, she didn't find out. I think she was way too busy to notice. She'll find out soon enough~

Today I hosted my annual kindergarten class get-together at a park in Waukesha. About half of last year's class showed up and we enjoyed visiting and playing water games. I always miss my students during the summer, so this is a great way for me to catch up with them in the summer.

Chad is out working on the front porch project right now. He had to back-track this last week and take everything apart when he decided that the steps weren't level. Now each step has a steel bracket attached underneath it to keep it level over time. It's looking great, although it's taking a little longer to complete than we originally thought. That's okay though, since I know he's taking his time doing it very carefully and precisely.

I'm still feeling great--no nausea or food aversions. The only weird thing I've experienced is something that's been happening every morning for about the last week. Each morning, I've awakened to a sharp, stabbing pain on the far left lower side of my back, under my waistline. The pain feels like I'm getting a shot with a needle and then it gets really warm. This morning it hurt so bad that I had to ice it to get comfort. The only thing I can think of is that maybe I'm having some sort of pinched nerve from my sleep position? I sleep mainly on my left side, so maybe that has something to do with it? I have my monthly prenatal appointment tomorrow, so I'll talk to my doctor about it.

Have a good night!
Love,
Mindy and Baby S.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

SO, how did the prenatal appointment go? Are you going to find out the sex of the baby when you have the opportunity? I remember having sharp pains, too. I think that my midwife told me they were probably from my ligaments loosening and my muscles compensating for the lack of support because of that. They always told me to sleep on my left side, too. It's SO great to sleep on my tummy again, though I don't do it often! Can you still do that or is the bump too big now? Happy Monday!!!