The afternoon at Blaha's was tons of fun. Our 'dinner club' is made up of 6 couples. All of the men are close friends from high school and now the ladies have become close friends as well. We try to get together at least once a month. Yesterday, we enjoyed swimming and chatting in the hot tub (I sat out and just put my legs in). Stef made an excellent dinner. Wearing the maternity suit wasn't as bad as I'd expected. I'd better get used to wearing it because we're headed to Florida for a week in August!
Today, my mom returned from visiting my dad in Connecticut. She and I drove to Kenosha and went to the Jelly Belly Factory for a free tour and a trip to the Jelly Belly store. The tour was a bit of a bummer, though. They advertise it as a factory tour, but really...we rode on a train around the distribution warehouse and watched videos of the process of candy making. Interesting...but not the factory tour that we anticipated. The store was cool, though. They have a huge "free sample" counter where you can try all 50 Jelly Belly flavors and all of their other candies. Loved that!
We ended our day at the Outlet Mall in Kenosha. I'm beginning to realize that I talk a lot about shopping on this blog, but I tend to do that a lot when I'm not working in the summer :) We spent most of our time at the Carter's outlet. After my first true baby-shopping trip, this is what the baby's closet looks like so far (thanks, Mom!):

Here are a few of my favorites :)

Isn't this adorable? It is really soft and cuddly. It's very thick too, so it'll be great for the baby to wear over it's regular clothing when we go out in the winter. Although it kind of looks like a sleeper in this picture, it's actually more like a jacket-snowsuit type of outfit.
That's all for tonight. Have a great night!
Love,
Mindy and Baby S.




1 comment:
Hey Mindy. Wanted to give a piece of advice... just a small one. I bought a infant snowsuit for Tegan before he was born anticipating that I'd need it during the super cold weather (he was born in Feb). He ended up wearing in one time becasue I had the "bundle me" thing for his car seat. I have the one from Babies R Us by JJ Cole. It's FABULOUS and at $40 worth it's weight in gold! :)
Post a Comment