Hi everybody! Well, we're home after a nice weekend visit in Rice Lake. We drove up there Friday after Chad got off work and made it to my folks' house around 9:45 p.m. We visited with my mom Friday night and got to see my grandpa on Saturday. For those of you who aren't familiar...he lives in an assisted living facility and lost the ability to speak over 10 years ago when he suffered a massive stroke. Well, my mom has been wanting Chad and I to tell grandpa ourselves about the baby-on-the-way and this was the first weekend we were able to get up there. He was very happy for us- despite his inability to speak, his feelings always come across quite clear :)
The only disappointing part of the weekend was how I was feeling. Friday afternoon I developed a nasty sore throat and thought for sure I was getting strep throat AGAIN (I get it a few times a year). By Saturday, my throat no longer hurt but I was super queasy and had a really bad headache. I still visited with grandpa but also managed a 3-hour afternoon nap. I felt really bad about that since we were only in town for a short time, but I felt so sick that morning and I could barely function. Luckily, I felt much better in the afternoon and we were able to go back and visit grandpa for a longer time and also stopped by the "Cheese House" to visit my cousin (she's in the process of buying the store from my aunt, who currently owns it) and get stocked up on fresh fudge :)
We really enjoyed our trip, despite how short it was. Wish we could get up there more often.
We were home for about an hour before Chad had to leave for Ft. Wayne, Indiana. He'll be there until Friday evening for business meetings. I'm home alone all week so maybe I'll finally get caught up on my thesis. We'll see...
Have a great week!
Love,
Mindy and Baby S.
Sunday, August 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment