Our trip was wonderful. We had a great visit with Chad's grandma and great-grandma. His great-grandma just celebrated her 95th birthday and she's doing very well. She still lives on her own and we enjoyed visiting with both of them from Saturday until Tuesday morning.
Here's a few pics of the grandmas:


On Tuesday morning, we drove 2 hours south to Fort Myers Beach and stayed at a really nice resort right on the Gulf. Since it's hurricane-season, there was hardly anybody there! We felt like we had the beach and the resort to ourselves, which was nice. We spent all four days (Tuesday-Friday) on the beach and beside the pool. We stayed under beach umbrellas for the most part so I wouldn't get overheated and so we could avoid sunburns. We were amazed at how warm the Gulf water was--like bath water! At one point, we realized we were literally walking on top of sand dollars in the water. We pulled up 6 of them and they were perfectly formed, so we brought them home and they are currently drying out on our deck. I'm going to try to clean them and bleach them so I can bring them in to share with my students. They'd love them! Friday morning we saw dolphins out in the water playing around--that was fun to see.
Here are a few pictures of our resort and beach vacation~

Here's the main pool area at our resort- The Pink Shell Beach Resort & Spa.
This was the view from our room- not too shabby :)

Our view from the beach umbrella we rented. This was actually taken Monday at Clearwater Beach by Chad's grandma's condo. But the view was the same at both beaches~
I'm off to Debbie's Bachelorette party in downtown Milwaukee tonight. I'll try to post a new belly picture tomorrow. Have a great night!
Love,
Mindy and Baby S.


No comments:
Post a Comment