I know I posted a message already today, but I have to share a few lessons learned on our outing today.
Lesson #1- If you forget to refill the baby wipes in the diaper bag before you leave, the baby WILL have a huge diaper explosion when you get to your destination. Poop will be up and down both arms and legs as well as in the creases of her neck. You will be forced to use kleenex--the generic kind that feels remarkably like sandpaper. If this happens to you while visiting a nursing home, as it did to me today, don't just assume that wet wipes or baby wipes are easily accessible. I couldn't find any.
Lesson #2- When you are waiting in a LONG line at the grocery store and your baby suddenly starts screaming her head off, employees magically appear and open a "closed" register aisle just for you AND empty your cart for you...all in less than ten seconds. It's true!
Lesson #3- No matter how many curveballs life throws you to stress you out, very few things will amaze you more than seeing a 91-year-old man gently rocking your baby and singing softly to her.
THIS JUST IN- Lesson #4- When you are trying to type and nurse a baby all at the same time...she WILL spit up all over your lap and it WILL seep through the zipper of your brand new pair of jeans leaving you with soggy underwear. Just be warned...it could happen. Now I have to go clean up.
See cute pictures in the message below :)
~Mindy
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Mindy i LOVE number3...it brought tears to my eyes! ~sara
Post a Comment