Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 27, 2008

My little cuddle bug~

Happy Thursday :) We're having a fun week together! The weather was pretty nice (mid 40's) during the first half of the week, so we enjoyed some long walks in the neighborhood. Yesterday, my friend and co-worker Nicole came over and brought her 20-month old daughter Kayden with her for a visit. Kayden was adorable. She wandered all around and helped me realize what kind of child-proofing I will have to do around the house in the near future!! Lauren enjoyed watching her and nearly giggled when Westin stole Kayden's cheese sandwich right out of her hand! Naughty dog! I'll bet he can't wait for when Lauren is eating solid foods--especially from a high-chair. I can picture it already :)

Lauren is taking a long nap in her crib right now. Last night, she slept from about 8:45pm until 6:30am. I fed her at 6:30 but she didn't want to go back to sleep after that so I brought her into bed with me (don't tell Chad!!!!). We both fell asleep cuddling together and slept in until about 9:30. Woohoo!! Here's more pictures of my little cuddle bug:
She's discovered her tongue this week. She is constantly sticking it out at us :)
Enjoying her new quilt from Grandma Lucas.

Lauren isn't the only one who likes the new quilt.
It's a stare-down.

A bubble bath with daddy. We have realized that Lauren's other tub, from Beth and Sara, is more meant for when she's a little bigger. It's not very soft for babies who can't yet hold their heads up. So we've been using the softer travel tub lately and she loves it. We discovered that by using it in our own bathtub, we can fill it up a little more. Plus, if Chad forgets to plug the drain in the baby tub (again) before filling it, we (he) won't cause a massive flood (again).
Today, we're going to the grocery store and stopping by a nursing home to visit an old friend. For the past three years, I've had an older gentleman (early 90's) volunteer in my classroom 5 days a week. Literally...he NEVER missed a day, except when the weather was unsafe for him to drive in. His health has taken a turn for the worse and now he's been moved to a nursing home. We visited him two weeks ago and we're going to go back today. He's such a sweet man and is very lonely. I think it cheers him up to see Lauren.
Have a great day!
Love,
Mindy and the cuddle-bug

No comments: