Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 6, 2008

My adorable baby girl :)

Hello! I decided to have another round of "photo fun" with Lauren today and wanted to share some new pictures with you. Isn't she adorable?



Check out her long legs (not to mention, her big feet)!! She gets these from her Aunt Karlee and Uncle Ryan. We're going to have a tall girl on our hands :)



Too cute~

Is he EVER far from Lauren's side? Nope. In fact, he's always looking for her fingers so he can cover them in doggy kisses.



It's kind of hard to see, but Lauren is checking out Westin out of the corner of her eyes.

I thought this was kinda cute. Lauren's holding onto Grandpa Lucas' hand.

My parents were here Tuesday evening and Lauren fell asleep in her grandpa's arms.

Lauren loves watching the mobile that hangs above her bed. Her great-great grandmother got it for her~

Do these pants come in adult sizes? They're so cute!

Lauren has been doing very well. She is growing like a weed and has officially outgrown most of her newborn-sized clothing. That's good because her clothes take up two full closets, so it's good to clear some of them out of there (okay, okay...to make room for more new clothes).
Lauren slept like a champ last night. She fell asleep at 9:00p.m. and slept until 8:15a.m with only one (very brief) feeding at 4:30a.m.. I was really happy because both times (9pm and 4:30am), she fell asleep completely on her own in her crib after being put in there while she was still wide awake. This is important to me because I really want her to be able to fall asleep on her own--I don't want to get into a habit of needing to rock her to sleep each time or needing to stand beside her crib and pat her back until she falls asleep. Once in awhile that's nice, but it's just not a habit I want to get her into.
What else is new? Well, she smiles more often now and has starting making cooing sounds once in awhile. She's also started "playing" with toys, so I made a trip to Target to pick out a few fun baby toys. She loves to watch them and gets excited about toys that light up or make noise.
Yesterday was my first afternoon spent away from my little girl. My parents were here so I left her in their care and went to visit the dentist and also to get a haircut. I missed her while I was gone but it was good to get out of the house for awhile.
Have a great day!
Love,
Mindy and Lauren

1 comment:

Jenn said...

She is so cute, sweetie! Love the new pics and the update. Her legs are so skinny! I think the only day Tegan had skinny legs was the day he was born. HA! Isn't is strange how sometimes you just want time away from baby and then when you get it all you can do is think about what he/she's doing? I get that with Tegan all the time. Have a great weekend!!!