Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 24, 2008

Meeting Great-Grandpa Mac

We made it to Rice Lake! We ended up getting 15 inches of snow on Friday, so we postponed our drive until Saturday morning. Lauren did very well on the drive. It takes about 5 hours to get there and she slept soundly for the first 4 hours. Just as we arrived in Eau Claire (with one hour left in our drive), she woke up crying. We pulled over at a Panera and I fed her in the car. Then she got a clean diaper and we were off to complete our drive. Luckily, she slept the rest of the way and we made it peacefully to Rice Lake. We had a great (albeit short) visit and Lauren got to meet her great-grandpa Mac! She also met my cousins, Kristal and Dedra, and their families.
My cousin Kristal's little boy Zach is just 10 days older than Lauren. This was their first time meeting great-grandpa.
Here's grandpa with his five great-grandchildren.
"My great-grandpa is number 1!"
So precious.
"Happy Easter everybody!"

We drove back home yesterday afternoon. We had a little more difficult of a drive this time. Lauren had a screaming fit only a little more than an hour into our drive. We stopped at a McDonalds where I fed her (in the car) and she proceeded to have two dirty diapers. We ended up being there for more than half an hour while she cried almost the entire time (except when I was feeding her). We finally just had to put her back in her carseat and get back on the highway. This time, I sat in the backseat beside her and was able to keep her calm (and mostly asleep) for the rest of the drive.
Saturday night, Lauren slept well in her Pack-n-Play for the first time. She did wake up for a 2:00a.m. feeding, but went right back to sleep afterwards. Last night, here at home, she woke up again for a 2:00am feeding. I guess I shouldn't have complained about the pain when she sleeps through the night!!
Have a great week~
Love,
Mindy & Lauren

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mindy!!!! I LOVE the "My great grandpa is number 1" SOOOO Cute. Looks like you had a great time at home...sooo wish I could have been there:( Soon!!! Also, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE PLUG!!! I really appreciate it, as word of mouth is extremely important in my line of work:)
Give Lauren hugs and kisses for me and be sure to be taking good care of yourself!
xoxoxo
Aunt Holly