Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Feeling great!

Wow-- it's been awhile since I've updated this site. Sorry! Things have been so busy around here. Last week, I worked 12-13 hours each day, staying after school for committee meetings, a PTA meeting, parent-teacher conferences and grad school. I finally got home each night around 8:30 and was just too tired to turn on the computer.

Except for being really tired, I feel great. My stomach muscles have been aching this week though. I can literally feel them stretching. Plus, my belly button is now completely flat. I guess my "innie" will soon become an "outie"! My students keep asking me if I've had the baby yet. They are even more impatient than I am!!
Yesterday, Chad and I went to the Badger football game with our "Dinner Club". We get together pretty often for dinner and games. When Chad had the opportunity to buy 10 extra tickets for the game, we invited the whole dinner club. The game started at 11a.m., so we all met at 8a.m. in Delafield (about 15 minutes from our house) and car-pooled to Madison. We set up a grill and tailgated until game time. My parents were in Madison visiting Karlee, so they joined us. So for a few hours Saturday morning, there was a WHOLE LOT of brats and beer to be had by all (except me...). Here's a picture of the dinner club at the tailgate:


Here's a picture of the "fam" minus Holly. She's flying up to visit my folks next weekend. This is the first time we've all seen Dad since he left for spring training back in February. It was great to visit with him!

Here's a funny shot. Our friends were taunting me to show my baby bump...Karlee decided to try that too. (And no...she's not pregnant!)


After the game, we came back to North Prairie. My parents didn't stay for the game, so they came to our place after the tailgate and kept Westin company. We went out for a nice dinner and also got to open some early baby shower gifts :) My mom found the stroller we want on clearance, so she bought it and gave it to us yesterday along with lots of other cute little things. Where are we going to put all this baby stuff????
While the folks were here, they helped Chad finish moving furniture out of the office (soon-to-become the baby's room). Now the room is totally empty and ready to be painted. That'll have to wait until Chad has some free time. It definitely won't be in the next week or two. He is swamped with grad school and work, so it may be awhile. I kinda felt bad for Chad because he was so proud of his "Badger office" with the dark red walls and the University of Wisconsin artwork. Now he wants to figure out a way to turn our basement into a Badger Rec Room. The projects never stop, do they?
I read in my baby book that the baby is now about 12 inches long and should weigh about a pound and a half. It should continue to grow in weight by about half a pound per week. Not really looking forward to what that must mean for MY weight :) Oh well. It's for a good cause.
Have a great week!
Love,
Mindy and Baby S.



1 comment:

Jenn said...

Mindy,
Can you believe how much your baby bump has popped over the past week? I can totally tell in the pics you posted in this post. I was looking back at my blog and pics from when I was about the same point in my pregnancy and I was exactly the same. Totally popped in the mid 20's (weeks that is). I'm so excited for you and Chad! YAY! I look back at Tegan's newborn clothes and can't believe that he was ever that small... and only 7 months ago. Cherish every moment, even while you're prego b/c you'll look back and wonder where the 40 weeks went (for that) and then the weeks and months after you give birth. Take care!