Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 9, 2007

It's almost done!

We have had a very busy and productive weekend. We enjoyed dinner out on Friday night and on Saturday Chad got to work again on the front porch project. I worked on some grad school stuff in the morning and then I joined some friends from our dinner club for Rachel's bachelorette party in Chicago last night. While everybody else spent the night in Chicago, Carla and I left early and drove home. We had a really great time and all the guys enjoyed their "guys night" watching the Badger Football game at Rob and Carla's house while the girls were in Chicago.

We slept in a little today and then worked on painting the railing of the front porch. Now we've got the first coat of paint all finished and the bushes have been planted around the steps. All that's left is to do another coat of paint or two, lay down mulch around the bushes and put up the stone veneer onto the cement retaining wall. Here's a few pics from today's work:



And of course...our big helper. He howled at us all day from inside the house while he wached us paint. I think he's proud of how hard Chad has worked :)


Although I had a busy weekend, I'm feeling pretty good. Right now I'm on the couch with my feet propped up and I plan to stay here for another hour or so until I go to sleep. The baby is kicking like crazy--or are those hiccups? I can't really tell right now. But it's definitely doing something over and over, which makes me laugh.

On Friday at work as I walked through the lunchroom, a few of my students from last year asked me if I've had the baby yet. When I told them no, they asked what the baby's name is. I don't think they quite understand what's going on yet :)

It's about to be a very busy week for me. I've got a full week of work plus a night of parent-teacher conferences, a night of grad class and a night of committee meetings and a PTA meeting. Yikes. I'd better get to bed!

Have a great week~
Love,
Mindy and Baby S.

No comments: