Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Another update :)

I now have a fun, new computer to use so I'll try to post updates more frequently!

Coincidence or not, this morning before we got out of bed, the baby was moving around and kicking a ton. Chad and I were talking about whether we think we're having a boy or a girl. I was joking around and said to the baby, "Kick once if you are a girl and kick twice if you are a boy." Right away, there were two sharp kicks that we could both feel AND see. Hmmmmm....is somebody trying to tell us something???

Tonight was our Trick-or-Treat night for our neighborhood. Different communities around here have trick-or-treating on different nights and not just on the actual Halloween night. Ours was today from 4-7p.m. and I think I counted about 75 trick-or-treaters. Since our neighborhood is pretty big and the houses are all really spread out, it's fun to see how the parents and kids get around for the night.

Here it is...Trick-or-Treating "North Prairie Style":


We see lots of tractors pulling wagons and trailers, like this one. This particular group had about 8 adults riding on it, surrounding several coolers of beverages. There were about a dozen kids jumping on and off as they went to each house. Chad and I think this will be our dinner club in a few years :-)

We tried to make our house a little spooky for the evening. We had loud, scary music blaring from behind the garage door--complete with murderous screams and all. We also had a bloody sign with rags hanging from it that says "Beware of Dog" as well as some light up ghosts and pumpkins. One cute little girl told us, "I like your creepiness!"

Well, I've eaten enough Halloween candy tonight to get our baby moving around like crazy. Now I'm starting to regret it as the baby takes on a great game of soccer with my bladder.

Have a great week!
Love,
Mindy and Baby S.
P.S....If you didn't see them already, I posted nursery pictures last night. Just scroll down to see them.

No comments: