Chad and I both had a very busy weekend. I was a bridesmaid in Debbie's wedding in Milwaukee and he was a groomsman in Andy's wedding in Peoria, Illinois. We both had the rehearsals and the rehearsal dinners Friday night and a full day of wedding activities on Saturday. Both weddings were beautiful (I got to see lots of pictures of Andy and Rachel's wedding already, thanks to Carla Brenton). Chad and I each really enjoyed ourselves and were honored to stand up in their weddings. We have been to many, many weddings together. Believe it or not, this was the first time we had two weddings on the same date. Hopefully that never happens again... And yes, the bridesmaid dress fit me perfectly! Back in May, I had ordered it two sizes bigger than I'd normally wear because I hoped I'd be pregnant. Little did I know that I actually
was pregnant at that time and I just didn't know it yet! When I first got the dress in July, it literally fell right off of me. When I took it in for alterations last week, it was a perfect fit. I barely needed any alterations at all, except to bring it in a tiny bit under each arm. I lucked out!


Maybe it was my crazy weekend or maybe it was the heat here today, but this afternoon and tonight I've been really uncomfortable. My stomach is hard as a rock and I feel a lot of pressure at the very top of my baby belly. Not sure what that's all about, but I'm resting tonight with my feet up to try and get myself more comfortable.
In other news, our front porch project is totally complete now so it's on to the nursery! I'm hoping we'll get a little painting done this next weekend, but we'll see. Chad's been so busy with work and with finishing the front porch--he'd probably like a weekend WITHOUT a project. That'd be okay too.
Have a good night!
Love,
Mindy and Baby S.
2 comments:
You looked so cute at the wedding! Love the bridesmaids' dress, maternity or not :) The tightness in your upper baby belly... probably early braxton hix/hicks (however it's spelled) contractions. I started getting those right around 25 or 26 weeks. Nothing to worry about unless they are painful or other obvious things I won't mention :) Happy Tuesday!
Hey Min - You looked beautiful! We all missed you in Peoria, but so glad you had fun at Debbie's wedding. Looks like it was a very nice event!
Post a Comment