Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Walking, walking and more walking...

but nothing yet~ I had a rough night of sleep last night and woke up several times with pretty strong contractions but nothing became of them. This morning, I took Westin for a long walk in the neighborhood while Chad washed cars. Yeah...you read that correctly. Temps were in the 40's here today (heat wave!) so Chad decided to scrub down the cars in the driveway. I think the automatic car wash would've been faster and warmer, but that's just me...

Later in the afternoon, we went and walked around Mayfair Mall and then Lowe's. Despite a lot of discomfort and pressure while I was walking, I really don't feel like it has made much of a difference. No major contractions this evening anyways.

The coolest thing that has happened today is that I've suddenly been able to feel the baby's feet with my own hands on my stomach! I was feeling sudden and distinct movements at the top of my baby belly and each time I put my own hand there, I could definitely feel a little foot. It's such a cool feeling! I push on it and it either pushes back or moves away. Heehee...now I'm going to try to annoy the little one by playing with his (her?) feet until they finally decide to come out!!!

Have a good night!
Love,
Mindy and the little feet

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Mindy (& little foot),
I remember that experience fondly... the feeling and pushing on Tegan's feet before he was born. Brendan would do that a lot too and I guess he still does :) Good luck with everything. Not sure if I told you about drinking raspberry tea, but that's what someone suggested to me and I went into labor within 24 hrs of having a few cups of that. Who knows if that's what got things going or not, but what a coincidence. Take care!!!