I'm a mom! How weird is that?!?! I know Chad has done a great job of updating our blog with the big news and pictures. I've always known that he's a great writer, but wow! When I read his birth announcement message, I cried. Way to go, Daddy :-)
Things are great here. We are still in the hospital and should be sent home tomorrow (Thursday). Lauren is doing very well. She's eating well and has really begun to get the hang of nursing. She had her hearing screening earlier today and passed with flying colors. Her weight is down a tiny bit to 7lbs 7oz, which is totally normal. She's had lots of diaper changes. In fact, Daddy's taken care of all of them (except one that I did). He has jumped right in to fatherhood and is an absolute natural. He loves to cuddle her, talk to her, stare at her...and he just keeps whispering "wow" every time he holds her.
Things are great here. We are still in the hospital and should be sent home tomorrow (Thursday). Lauren is doing very well. She's eating well and has really begun to get the hang of nursing. She had her hearing screening earlier today and passed with flying colors. Her weight is down a tiny bit to 7lbs 7oz, which is totally normal. She's had lots of diaper changes. In fact, Daddy's taken care of all of them (except one that I did). He has jumped right in to fatherhood and is an absolute natural. He loves to cuddle her, talk to her, stare at her...and he just keeps whispering "wow" every time he holds her.
We had a very busy day yesterday. Lauren had lots of visitors. She's a pretty popular girl :-)
Yesterday was wonderful but very tiring. I didn't nap at all and I had been up all night following my surgery. I was just so uncomfortable, so I was up pretty much all night. Now last night was a different story. I fed Lauren until midnight and then we let them take her to the nursery. The nurses told me they'd bring her right back when she woke up. Well, I slept soundly until they came in at 4:15 with my hungry daughter. She ate until 5 a.m., at which point she was pretty alert and kind of fussy. The nurse insisted that I get a little more sleep so I can build up my strength so they took her back to the nursery and Chad and I slept in until 7:15!!! I guess we better enjoy that while we can :-)
Here's a few more pictures of "Daddy's Little Princess" (that's what he's called her).
I just took a long, hot shower and am feeling excellent. I plan on doing a lot of walking around the birthing center today so that I can start feeling back to normal. I can't begin to tell you how excited we are to take our little girl home tomorrow. We feel so blessed! Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. We really appreciate it :-)
Love,
Mindy, Chad and Lauren


2 comments:
Mindy, Chad and Lauren,
Your posts and pictures bring tears to my eyes! Only a few days before Lauren was born I received news that a friend from college lost her baby after having an emergency c-section at only 30 weeks. It really brings life into perspective and reminds us of how blessed we are! Just had to share that bittersweet story. Love to you all!
Lauren, welcome to the world! It has been a pleasure watching the blogspot your parents set up. Quite the journey. Love all the pictures and stories. Needed kleenex for a few. Chad and Mindy, welcome into parenthood. You'll do just fine I'm sure!
Congrats to all.
Kathy & Jerry Mislang (Jackie and Jason parents)
Post a Comment